Banyana Banyana head coach Vera Pauw has announced a squad of 18 players that will travel to Botswana for an All Africa Games qualifier. The match takes place on Friday, 20 March 2015. Kick-off is at 18:00.
Pauw has retained the bulk of the team that returned from the Cyprus Women’s Cup. Of the 23 that travelled to Europe, five have been released from camp. There are two additions to the remaining 16 – Durban Ladies defender Zama Cele and USA-based Kaylin Swart to bring the Botswana-bound squad to 18 players.
The players who will not be part of the next camp are Disebo Mametja (University of Johannesburg), Tshepiso Olga Mokabane (FC Union Nove Zamky, Slovakia), Mputle Tshetsana, (Titans Ladies, North West), Rhoda Mulaudzi (Mamelodi Sundowns FC), Kelso Peskin (Tyler Junior College, USA – exams), Mamello Makhabane (Palace Super Falcons, Johannesburg – ankle injury) and Andile Dlamini (Mamelodi Sundowns FC – knee injury).
The team goes into camp on Monday and is expected to travel to Botswana on Wednesday. They will return to South Africa on Saturday, 21 March. The second leg will be played on the weekend of 10, 11 and 12 April. The Banyana Banyana squad is as follows:
1. Roxanne Barker THOR/KA (Iceland)
2. Kaylin Swart AIB Business College (USA)
3. Nothando Vilakazi Palace Super Falcons
4. Janine Van Wyk JVW FC
5. Noko Matlou Maindis FC Polokwane
6. Zama Cele Durban Ladies
7. Lerato Kgasago Mamelodi Sundowns FC
8. Lebogang Ramalepe Maindis FC Polokwane
9. Amanda Dlamini University of Johannesburg
10. Leandra Smeda UWC Ladies (pictured)
11. Alocia Thoboka Mamelodi Sundowns FC
12. Refiloe Jane VUT Ladies
13. Nompumelelo Nyandeni JVW FC
14. Slindile Ngubane Durban Ladies
15. Shiwe Nongwanya Bloemfontein Celtic Ladies
16. Jermaine Seoposenwe Samford University (USA)
17. Portia Modise Croesus FC
18. Sanah Mollo Mamelodi Sundowns FC